YOU ARE HERE:
CAJUN SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPE
An easy, quick Cajun dish for a main course. If you do not like spicy food, reduce the Tabasco sauce to 3 or 4 drops and omit the crushed red pepper flakes.
CAJUN SEAFOOD CASSEROLE
1 hour 15 mins
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
1 1/2 stick butter or margarine
2 large onions, chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
2 celery ribs chopped
1/2 pound fresh sliced mushrooms
1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
1 tbsp garlic salt
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 can cream of mushroom soup,(no water added)
1 1/2 cup cooked rice
1 pound fresh crabmeat (canned if fresh unavailable)
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Ritz cracker crumbs, as needed for topping
1. In a small sauce pan, melt cream cheese and 1 stick of butter together on low heat.
2. In a separate pan, melt remaining 1/2 stick butter, add onions, bell pepper, celery, and mushrooms. Simmer until vegetables are tender, about 5-8 minutes .
3. Add shrimp and continue cooking until shrimp turns pink. Remove from heat.
4. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add garlic salt, Tabasco, red pepper, soup, rice, and cream cheese mixture; mix well.
5. Gently fold in crabmeat.
6. Pour into 2-3 quart casserole dish, top with cracker crumbs and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
SOUTHERN COOKING TECHNIQUES
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BISCUITS
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY CORNBREAD
HOW TO CURE CAST IRON COOKWARE
MISC. & HOLIDAY RECIPES
Design by W3layouts