July 14, 2014
This yummy pecan pie is fairly easy to make but be sure to mix well in step 2 below or the pie may not set up. The baking time can vary widely in various ovens so watch closely to avoid over cooking.
We're using a store bought pie shell here but if you are good at working with dough we encourage you to make your own. Home made just always seems to taste better.
CAJUN PECAN PIE
1 hour 20 mins
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Add Sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla extract, salt and 1 cup of the pecans. Combine thoroughly.
3. Pour mixture into an unbaked pie shell, place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
4. Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees F and bake until filling is browned on top and crust is lightly browned; about 20-30 minutes. See note below.
5. Remove from oven and cover top with the remaining 1/2 cup of pecans. Allow to cool before cutting.