July 14, 2014
This quick and easy shrimp recipe is a favorite of ours. The 1/2 pound of shrimp will make about 3-4 servings. You might want to cook additional shrimp for hearty appetites.
Takes about 30 minutes to prepare and marinate but only minutes to cook. Serve as an appetizer, party finger food or add rice and a salad for a complete meal.
CAJUN SPICY SHRIMP
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. In a bowl, combine the first 7 (dry seasoning) ingredients and mix well.
2. Add the olive oil to the seasoning mix and stir until well combined.
3. Add the shrimp to the seasoning mix and toss until the shrimp is coated on all sides. Leave shrimp in the seasoning mix and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
4. Thread the shrimp onto skewers. Reserve the seasoning mix.
5. Turn oven on broiler setting.
6. Broil shrimp for 2 minutes with shrimp 4-6 inches from the heat.
7. Turn shrimp over and baste with reserved seasoning mix. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until the shrimp turn pink.
Note: The cooking times given are guides only. Ovens vary so watch shrimp closely while under the broiler. Do not over cook the shrimp or they will be tough and tasteless.