July 17, 2014
These yummy crab cakes are easy and quick to make. Serve as a side or make them the main dish with a salad and hushpuppies on the side.
Cajun Crab Cakes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard (powder)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Parsley (chopped fine)
- 3 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1-teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Melted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1-cup Saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 Pound Crab meat
- Vegetable oil, as needed, for frying
1. Combine first eight ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well blended.
2. Add Saltine crackers and blend in.
3. Add Crabmeat and gently fold into mixture taking care not to break up crab meat. You should have noticeable chunks of crab in the mix.
4. Using hands, roll the mix into balls (a little bigger than golf ball size). Place balls on waxed paper and fold paper so the balls have waxed paper under bottom and over the top of the balls. Using a spatula, flatten the balls to about 1/2 inch thickness.
5. Place enough vegetable oil in a heavy skillet to give about 1/2 inch depth of oil. Heat on medium heat.
6. Place crab cakes in hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides (about 4-8 minutes).