This is a very simple and yummy deep fried Cajun chicken wings recipe. Although the recipe says chicken wings, you can add legs and other inexpensive chicken parts if you like.
Cajun Chicken Wings
Prep Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 28 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 2-1/2 pounds Chicken wings, tips removed
- 3/4 cup Plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Cajun seasoning (available at most markets or MAKE YOUR OWN)
- Oil (for frying)
1. In a bowl, mix together yogurt, hot sauce and garlic. Add chicken and marinade in the refrigerator 2 hours (overnight O.K.)
2. After the 2 hour marinade, mix together flour and Cajun seasonings in a separate bowl. Remove chicken from the marinade and coat evenly in the flour mixture.
3. In a wok or deep fryer, heat oil to 370 degrees F.
4. Use enough oil to cover 4 to 5 chicken wings at a time. Deep fry wings for approximately 8 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Drain on a paper towel (do not cover). Serve hot.