Chicken Over Rice Recipe
Want a complete Cajun meal quick? This simple dish takes a few minutes to prepare the ingredients but is cooked in a matter of minutes. Just add rice for a quick, complete and filling dinner.
Cajun Chicken Over Rice
1 hour 5 mins
Yield: 6 servings
- 1-1/2 lb Boneless chicken breast, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/8 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 5 Tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 large Onions, chopped
- 1 Green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons Black Pepper
- Rice, as needed, cooked per pkg. instructions
1. Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder.
2. Combine all ingredients, EXCEPT RICE and CHICKEN, in a large pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Add chicken and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. If needed, add a small amount of water if mixture begins to dry out.
4. Serve over cooked rice.