Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 27 minutes
Total time: 47 mins
Yield: 6 servings
- 8 oz. catfish fillet
- 4 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 lb. margarine
- One 10 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 4 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, bell pepper and celery. Cook until vegetables are tender (about 5 minutes).
2. Add garlic and mushrooms and continue cooking another 2 minutes while stirring.
3. Add tomatoes and catfish. Break up catfish into chunks with a wooden spoon. Cook 15 to 20 minutes longer.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve over rice. Sprinkle top with freshly chopped onion tops or parsley. Serve hot.