Just like mom and apple pie, catfish and jambalaya seem to go together. When you grow tired of fried fish, try this yummy, easy Cajun Catfish Jambalaya.
Be sure to serve with SOUTHERN HUSHPUPPIES.
Cajun Catfish Jambalaya
Yield: 6 servings
- 8 oz. catfish fillet
- 4 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 lb. margarine
- One 10 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 4 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, bell pepper and celery. Cook until vegetables are tender (about 5 minutes).
2. Add garlic and mushrooms and continue cooking another 2 minutes while stirring.
3. Add tomatoes and catfish. Break up catfish into chunks with a wooden spoon. Cook 15 to 20 minutes longer.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve over rice. Sprinkle top with freshly chopped onion tops or parsley. Serve hot.