July 16, 2014
This is a simple pork chop recipe with mushrooms. The mushroom steak sauce may be found with other sauces and gravy at most major super markets.
The longer you marinate the chops the more flavorful they will be. Marinate overnight if possible but at least 2 hours.
Cajun Pork Chops
2 hours 15 minutes
2 hours 40 mins
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 center cut pork chops (boneless thin cut works best)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup onions, minced
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- Two 6 oz cans mushroom steak sauce
- One 4 oz can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 cup water or more if needed
- parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Put chops in a plastic bowl and pour Italian Dressing over the chops. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (overnight is O.K.).
2. Drain pork chops saving the dressing for later.
3. Place the 1/4 cup oil, pork chops and onions in a 5 to 6 quart pot and cook over medium high heat until onion is tender and chops are brown on both sides.
4. Add the reserved dressing from step 2 and 1 cup water. Cook until chops are tender, adding additional water if necessary. Stir often.
5. Add the mushroom steak sauce and mushrooms with liquid. Taste for seasoning and add salt/pepper if needed. Simmer another 20 minutes.
6. Serve with hot cooked rice and coleslaw.