July 17, 2014
If you love shrimp you will love this. Sinfully delicious! And...it only take minutes to cook. This yummy shrimp is a little spicy but if you prefer you can reduce or eliminate the pepper flakes.
Take care not to over cook the shrimp. Remember that shrimp cooks fast. If it is over cooked it is tough and tasteless. Properly cooked shrimp turns pink and curls into a slightly exaggerated "C" shape. The secret is to watch the shrimp as it cooks. Do not walk away. The shrimp can go from "perfect" to over cooked very fast.
Cajun Butter Shrimp
Yield: 2+ servings
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 12 large (Jumbo) shrimp, shelled and de-veined
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add all ingredients except shrimp.
2. Cook over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
3. Add shrimp and cook until orange/pink color, 2-3 minutes on each side). Remove from heat and ladle butter sauce from saucepan over shrimp. Serve hot.