Brownie Walnut Pie Recipe
May 8, 2009
This yummy brownie walnut pie recipe provides the flavor of brownies in the form of a pie. The optional caramel topping really sets off the pie and is highly recommended.
Brownie Walnut Pie
1 hour 25 mins
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut up
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- caramel ice cream topping (optional)
- 1 store bought 9-inch rolled refrigerated unbaked piecrust (or make your own if you like working with dough)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a heavy, small saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring frequently. Cool for 20 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, flour and vanilla.
4. Stir in the chocolate mixture and nuts. Pour into unbaked pastry shell and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 hour on wire rack before serving.
5. Serve with ice cream and caramel topping. May be stored 2-3 days in refrigerator.