Baked Apples Recipe
This is a simple recipe for an old favorite, baked apples. A combination of apple and nut crunch with the sweetness of a sticky cinnamon sauce. The kids love these treats.
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 large good baking apples, such as Rome or Golden Delicious
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup boiling water
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. (190 degrees C.).
2. Rinse and dry the apples. Using a sharp knife, cut out the apple cores, leaving the bottom 1/2 inch of the apples intact. The hole made to remove the cores should be about 1 inch wide.
3. Place the brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and chopped pecans or walnuts in a small bowl and stir to combine.
4. Put the apples in a baking dish and stuff each apple with the sugar stuffing mixture (from step 3). Place 1/4 tablespoon of butter on top of the sugar stuffing mixture.
5. Pour the boiling water into the bottom of a baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 30 to 45 minutes, until the apples are cooked through and tender. Take care not to overcook. Remove the apples from the oven and cover them with the juices from the bottom of the baking dish. Serve hot or cold.